Job Purpose/Performance Outputs:
Outside Sales Representative needed for off-highway power transmission sales and service center located in Jacksonville, FL and responsible for Georgia and N. Florida territories. Great Lakes Power specializes in the sales, service and support of off-hwy power-shift transmissions, commercial and pleasure craft marine transmissions, power take-off's, axles, torque converters, transfer cases, pump drives and other products related to the industrial powertrain industry. The markets we serve include customers within the Construction, Marine, Irrigation, Agricultural, Forestry, Oil & Gas and Railroad markets. The candidate we are seeking will be an aggressive, honest and ethical person who naturally enjoys selling, people and power-train products. This person must be financially and self-motivated to achieve annual target goals for sales, gross margin, and new customer target plans. Compensation plan includes a substantial base salary plus uncapped sales commission.
Sell and promote industrial, marine and off-highway products, parts and services in assigned northern Florida & Georgia geographical territory.
Essential Functions Performed:
(Other functions/tasks may be required besides those listed)
- Grow existing customer sales and identify new customers & opportunities within assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop customer solutions, provide technical sales support and prepare customer quotes.
- Effectively secure customer meetings, customer contacts and competitor information.
- Prepare sales plans and forecasts; monitor and track sales plan to ensure sales quota is met or exceeded.
- Assists management in establishing the territory sales goals and meeting or exceeding goals for new units, parts and service sales.
- Serves as the interface between the customer and company while maintaining great rapport with customers, vendors, and company to ensure any issues are promptly resolved.
- Assists management in developing and implementing marketing plan for assigned territory.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all assigned products and services.
- Effectively and professionally negotiates against competitive vendors/products to successfully meet sales targets.
- Provides required reports and information to management (call reports, mileage and expense reports, etc.)
- Attends vendor and company training events, meetings and trade shows as required.
- Consistent and regular travel is required. Estimated 50% + overnight stays to properly cover assigned territory.
Core Job Competencies (skills, knowledge, abilities) Required: (Other skills may also be required.)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive relationship building & interpersonal skills
- Planning and organization skills, including effective time management
- Great cold calling ability
- Knowledge of company products, warranties and service process
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures for sales, discounts, product purchases, costs, reporting, etc.
- Integrity (ability to maintain moral / ethical organization and social norms of one's own behavior)
- Judgement (ability to provide sound decisions based upon logical assumptions, facts and inputs from others)
- Sales ability / negotiations ( uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication to gain agreement, acceptance or commitment from various parties inside and outside the organization)
Minimum Education Level, Type, Certification:
Bachelor's Degree or 4 Years of Sales in Industrial/Marine/Equipment Products
Specific Experience - Amount and Type
- Two years minimum territorial sales experience with industrial or off-highway products and services
Job Conditions/Requirements - Hours, Travel, Physical, Tools, etc.:
- Moderate to high overnight travel - 50%+
- Valid driver's license
- Must have vehicle and valid auto insurance
- Successfully pass background check and drug screening
- Supply references
EEOC employer. Benefits include Healthcare, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay