Job Title: Manager of Information Systems
To manage the company's overall Information Systems operation. To protect the company's data and ensure the continuous access of business applications by all company employees. To develop technology driven applications that promote the core values of the company and will assist company personnel with critical business information that drives processing efficiencies and customer sales growth.
Essential Functions Performed:
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the company's business application programs and infrastructure.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Manages all information systems policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the company's IT infrastructure is secure from outside influences and viruses.
- Develops or procure monitoring systems to ensure the most effective performance and safety of the company's IT systems.
- Develops and /or procures and continuously updates an effective web-site to promote the core values and activities of the company, increase search engine optimization and drive future business growth.
- Works closely with the company's corporate finance department, corporate management team and branch management team to provide data gathering, report generation and customized application tools to better assist them in running their day-to-day operations.
- Ensures that the company's software applications and data back-up procedures and emergency data recovery plan is proven effective.
- Offers leadership, coaching and training to manage the activities of the company's IT staff.
- Participates in planning and designing appropriate technologies to meet evolving needs of the business and to support all users.
- Makes technology-related recommendations and decisions for hardware, software and technology driven applications (e.g. web-site, video conferencing etc.).
Core Job Competencies Required:
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be accustomed to working on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Posses the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong teamworking skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of SQL server and experience with relational databases.
- Knowledge of Crystal Report writing a plus.
Minimum Education Level:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, business administration or related fields.
- 5-7 years of experience in managing an organizations Information Systems department
- Minimum 10 years experience in working in corporate IT environments
- Experience with SQL Server
- SQL Query
- Backup & Recovery
- Experience with enterprise hypervisors
- Advance networking skills
- Experienced with Office 365 environment
- Mail flow
- SPAM Management
- Experienced with cloud based technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server Software
- Active Directory
Learn About Us:
Please explore our website to learn more about our company.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Great Lakes Power. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.