Job Title: Office/Service Administrator
Reports to: Branch Manager
Job Purpose/Performance Outputs:
Manages the back office activities of a service oriented business by performing assigned duties personally or through subordinates. Mainly responsible for process and accounting activities involving inventory procurement, time clocking, order entry, and billing functions.
Essential Functions Performed:
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, order entry, information management, filing systems, requisitions of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Becomes fluent with company's existing software system.
- Opens, maintains and closes work orders within software system.
- Orders parts within software system.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient work flow.
- Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Reviews accounting and operational analytical reports for guidance of management.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors.
Core Job Competencies Required (skills, knowledge, abilities) :
- Processes timely system reports for managerial review of service operational activities
- Designs work flow and procedures
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Develops workable implementation plans and teamwork approach to solve problems
- Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Possesses knowledge of accounting software, database software, Windows Excel, Word, and Outlook
Minimum Education Level, Type, Certification:
Associates Degree in business
Specific Experience - Amount and Type
- 5 + years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of educations and experience
- Some accounting experience a must
Job Conditions/Requirements - Hours, Travel, Physical, Tools, etc.:
- Normal M-F work week
- 8 am - 5 pm
Contacts Required (inside/outside the organization):
Many intercompany contacts as well as customers and vendors