Transmission Test Stands and Dynomometers
The TS200 and TS300 Test Stands from Great Lakes Power provide a turnkey solution to testing automatic, powershift, marine, and oil field transmissions, torque converters and any other engine flywheel mounted products. With standard height and extended height (deep reduction models), our TS models excel at testing even the largest transmissions and torque converters in close coupled and remote mount configurations with ease.
TS300 SAE 00 to SAE 5 Flywheel Housing Size with 300hp (225kW) Prime Mover
TS200 SAE 0 to SAE 5 Flywheel Housing Size with 200hp (150kW) Prime Mover
All units are compatible with wet or dry SAE flywheel housings and are supplied complete with adapters for most SAE configurations. Custom adapters for nearly any application are readily available.
Testing Under Load: An optional output dynamometer (brake) enables load testing during all phases of operation. Supplied transmission mounting brackets are sized for shifting under load to replicate operational conditions in the field. The Output Load unit features a stall caliper for converter stall testing and to simulate the vehicle parking brake. The Load Dynamometer is a dual air cooled eddy current unit which requires no external water or cooling connections. The Dyno is capable of peak absorption torques exceeding 4400 ft-lbf (6000N-m) for short durations and up to 2100 ft-lbf (2800N-m) for longer duration testing. The input stall caliper brake is rated for 3000 ft-lbf (4000N-m). This is a substantial load test unit and will quickly expose any transmission or component operational issues during testing and prevent unnecessary downtime and rework in the field. The DC power supply is conveniently mounted inside the test stand enclosure and features plug and play compatibility with the test stand output load unit.
External Lube Oil Supply: Optionally available is a variable flow 0-60gpm oil supply featuring a 20hp(15kW) TEFC electric motor and variable frequency drive with hydraulic vane pump. Included is a pressure regulating valve for setting transmission main pressure and enables testing of remote mount transmissions without an available lube pump pad. Overpressure protection is standard. Regulator range of 25-400psi standard, with other pressures available (components rated to 3000psi)
Two separate fluid reservoirs with thermostatically controlled immersion heaters enable preheating of fluid to normal operating temperature before testing. Lube oil transfer pumps for each reservoir with dual path filtration are provided for filling and draining of test items. These are connected to QD (quick disconnect) hydraulic fittings for quick configuration. Single lever fill and return valves with ISO labeling are standard.
High Flow (100gpm) 10 micron filtration is provided for the transmission or converter lube oil circuits during long term durability testing. Large QD fittings are standard for connections to filters and oil cooler.
Air to Oil Cooler with thermostatically controlled cooling fans is provided for maintaining test piece oil temperature within limits during testing. The operator sets minimum and maximum allowable test temperatures and the system automatically maintains fluid temperature within limits.
Three high accuracy 1%FS 0.2% repeatability high pressure turbine flow meters with a 5-160 GPM range are installed with straight flow paths before and after meters for the best possible accuracy are standard. Large QD style connections are provided with hydraulic adapters down to mate with -24 to -6 hose sizes.
A removable oil pan (with drain) is installed under the test stand structure to capture any oil lost during testing. The oil filters inside the test stand enclosure also have a drain pan welded into the test stand structure to capture any oil spilled during filter changes.
- Variable Speed AC Drive: 380V to 600V 3-phase 50 or 60Hz line voltage - Worldwide voltage compatibility.
- Low Noise: Hydraulically driven test solutions are noisy, inefficient and expensive to maintain. The TS Test Stands require a minimum level of maintenance - routine greasing of a handful of grease fittings is the bulk of the preventative maintenance required. Electric motors operate at low noise levels with a minimum of vibration and with better efficiency than a hydraulically driven solution.
- Simulation of Actual Installed Conditions: Interfacing with a test stand flywheel that matches the engine flywheel most closely simulates the actual conditions the transmission or torque converter will experience in operation. The inertia and speed control on the electric motor mimic the engine inertia and governor to maintain input speed during range changes.
- Data Acquisition System with integrated control panel. An operator friendly control panel with real time display of measured pressures and temperatures enables testing without a PC connected. Real time feedback on sensor connections is provided for ease of test setup.
- Transmission Controller: integrated J1939 shift controller plus spare panel space for mounting third party controllers (TCMS). The test stand mimics the in vehicle shift controller by sending properly formatted upshift and downshift commands to replicate control in the vehicle or equipment Six double-ended On/Off outputs, short-circuit protected, allow testing of traditional electric solenoid controlled transmissions with mechanical rate of rise control. Dual voltages standard for 12V or 24V negative ground system testing, configured by a single rocker switch. CAN-OPEN support also available.
- Automated Testing: computer control of drive speed available to automate speed profiles during tests. Test scripting is also available to provide step by step testing instructions.
- PC-based Data Acquisition: Windows PC for logging all data with graphical real time display and .csv file data export for analysis.
- Advanced Data Logging: timed and on-demand data logging of test unit operating data.
- Hydraulic Component Testing: compatible with pump drives for mounting and testing hydraulic pumps. Tank suction and return ports provided for connecting components that require a remote sump.
- Fluid Conditioning: Fluid heaters, cooler and filtration built-in with QD fitting connections. Moisture trap tank breathers are standard.
- Expandable Architecture: The modular system allow for easy expansion for future needs if additional data channels are required and for interfacing with additional TCMs.
- Remote Telematics: Remote real time support is available via a secure cellular (GSM) modem enabling remote troubleshooting and programming updates.
Great Lakes Power offers complete test stand and component technical support for installation and startup, customization, and remote support.
DANA AUTHORIZED TEST STAND MANUFACTURER. The TS Series of test stands have been approved for testing conventional and TE series Dana transmissions.
Summary: The TS Series from Great Lakes Power provides the best available test solution for testing heavy duty and high performance components. Our ability to directly replicate the engine flywheel interface, vehicle controls, cooling and loading provides an unmatched ability to replicate, capture and record component performance. Using a TS test stand for testing your components will consistently add value for your customers and reduce your warranty costs. The TS Series Test Stands are robust, efficient, flexible and easy to operate.
Great Lakes Power offers complete test stand technical support with installation and setup, customization, and remote support.